Extensions 2.0 development for Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central – 4-5 December 2018!
If you want to be able to help your customers in the future you will need to know how to code in extensions.
During these 2 days we will teach you to code in extensions going forward, so you are ready for the new versions of NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central.
This super essential training will be delivered in collaboration with our close partner 1ClickFactory.
The training will be in English and you are kindly asked to bring your own laptop.
The event will be the the 4 and 5 December 2018 at 09.00-16.00 in the facilities of Microsoft Denmark, Kanalvej 7, 2800 Kongens Lyngby and is targeted at developers with several years of experience.
Aidas Beresinevicius NAV Developer at 1ClickFactory, will be the host/trainer of the event.
- Introduction to Extensions
- How/When to use Extensions (as a consultant)
- Mindset for NAV Extensions development
- Setting up an environment for Group Development of Extensions 2.0:
– NAV development server
– Visual Studio Code
– Source control for Visual Studio Code
– Customize Visual Studio code for NAV
- Overview of AL development language (and differences from C/AL) with NAV Development
- Hands-on Extensions 2.0 development
- Extension Manifest and packaging additional resources to Extension
- Best practices for building modern user experience in Dynamics NAV
- Developing extensions for on-premises vs D365
- Events-driven NAV Development
- Development with Extensions 2.0 toolkit:
– Web services
– Working with files (Text, XML, JSON)
– Customize visual elements
- Data handling when an extension is installed
- Azure functions for .NET replacement
- Case Scenario 2: Upgrade from Microsoft Dynamics NAV C\AL code to Extensions 2.0 in Visual Studio Code AL language:
– Using Dynamics NAV PowerShell toolkit for working with NAV objects
– Using txt2al C/AL to AL code conversion tool
– Refactoring code not handled by automatic conversion
– Designing and building data migration from an add-on to extension
- How to get ready for Microsoft AppSource
QBS Partner price: 2 Training Vouchers per. person.
NON QBS Partner price: prisen 11.500 NOK for the entire 2 day course
We look forward to welcoming you for two days with a lot of new knowledge and learnings and readiness for the future – Hands on.