This privacy statement is effective as of 01 of January 2021
1 Processing of personal data by QBS Group
- how QBS collects, retains, processes, shares and transfers your personal data when you order or use our products or services or when visit our website, QBS partner portal or QBS online marketplace (“QBS Websites”); and
- which are the legal rights that you have in connection with our collection and processing of your personal data.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about our privacy practices.
2 What information we collect (and don’t) about you
- Business contact information: name, title, company details, postal address, e-mail address, phone number, business bank account and other information that enables us to maintain our business relationship with you and the company you represent. We also keep a record of the correspondence with our business contacts;
- Automatically collected information: information about your browser, type of device, operating system, movements and behavior on our website, IP address, and other information that may be necessary for your use or improvement of our services, tools or websites;
- Biometric data:; image or voice recordings when you attend our webinar, online conference or training and choose “Camera On” and\or “Microphone On” settings. We may also use your photo or image for reference purposes but only where and after you have provided a consent to us to do so;
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect any information of individuals younger than 16 years old. In addition, we do not seek or purposely collect sensitive or special categories of personal data, we may do so in certain cases where we have the legal right or obligation to do so, or where you have expressly consented to this.
3 How we collect and process your personal data
We collect and process your personal data in 3 ways: directly, indirectly or automatically.
- Directly: You will be requested to provide us with your personal data when you order or use our services, download marketing materials, register for a webinar, conference or event, become a registered user of or maintain user account on QBS Websites, or when you send any other query to QBS Group. Information may be collected through an online form on our website or by other contact means (e.g. email);
- Automatically: Certain information may be collected automatically when you interact with our websites, for example, through certain analytics software that enables us to better understand the functionality used in the website so that we can continue to improve our website and customer experience. You can find out more in section [INCLUDE REFERENCE].
4 What is the legal basis for the processing?
- such personal data is necessary to enter into and perform of a contract to which you and/or the company you represent are a party to,
- the processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us, by yourself or by a third party, or
- Because we are required to do so for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject to;
- Based on your prior consent, to the extent such consent is required under applicable laws.
5 For what purposes do we process personal data?
5.1. Performing agreements or your request
We process personal data for execution of the agreements that we conclude with partners and their end-customers for:
- executing and managing online orders and downloads, including administration of purchases licenses;
- managing and providing services, licenses, products, information, webinars, and other materials;
- processing payments;
- facilitating our communication with you in order to ensure business continuity; we may send certain communications, including, but not limited to, response to your requests, welcome letters, billing reminders, security announcements, requested password reset information, notifications of technical information, etc.;
- facilitating your request and inquiries for services, products, or other information.
5.2. Marketing activities
We process personal data in the context of marketing activities and this concerns former and existing partners and relations gained through events or other marketing relevant channels, unless you objected to such processing:
- to market our and our affiliates companies services, offerings or tools and provide you with relevant sales information, so that we can ensure that we can conduct and increase our business;
- To provide you with tailored newsletters, relevant notifications and press releases to help you stay up to date with our services and offerings, including industry-relevant information;
- to apply analytics and monitor your use of our website for statistical analysis or to enable us to personalize or improve user experience.
5.3. Business management
As part of executing and supporting business processes of QBS Group and its affiliated companies, we may process personal data for:
- operating and managing business operations and ensuring the proper functioning of business;
- keeping and maintaining internal business records, including contract management;
- access management purposes, to ensure that both us and you are protected when accessing our locations and offices;
- improving the security and functioning of our websites, webpages, networks and information, to ensure that our networks and information are secure;
- detecting, preventing and/or investigating security breaches or fraud;
- assessing and addressing risk management to avoid non-compliance and protecting of our reputation.
5.4. For improving our services and websites
We would like to improve our services and offerings, therefore, we may process your personal data for:
- inviting you to participate in surveys and ask for your feedback about our services;
- improving business or service performance and otherwise to better meet the needs and preferences of our partners and their customers;
- Improving security of QBS Websites.
5.5. For Legal and regulatory reasons
We may need to process your personal data in order to meet the legal requirements and to comply with applicable legislation, requests from local and international regulators having jurisdiction over personal data or a court order.
6 Who processes information and locations for processing
In addition to the foregoing, we may share your personal data with our trusted third parties, such as:
- Microsoft: As QBS a Microsoft Partner and an authorized Microsoft indirect provider, we may share with or receive from Microsoft or Microsoft affiliates personal information for business and administration purposes, for example to process, perform and manage an order;
- Independent Software Vendors (ISV): As ISV-authorized distributor of ISV solutions, we may share with or receive from ISVs or ISV affiliates personal information for business and administration purposes, for example to process, perform and manage an order;
- Keen on Dots B.V.: our provider of the underlying solution for QBS marketplace and a part of CSP delivery chain of CSP licenses to partners and end-customers and its affiliates;
- Professional advisors: such as our lawyer offices, tax consultants, or auditors, and
- Other product and service providers: who assist us in conducting QBS Group business, providing services to you, operating QBS Websites, advertisement, for storing or service purposes (e.g. consultants, hosting providers, sub-contractors) or who provide licenses to their products via QBS Websites;
- public authorities, for example, to comply with legal requirement or request, or a court order.
Any trusted party to whom your personal data are disclosed, are expected and required to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal data and may only use your personal data in compliance with applicable data privacy laws and contractual obligations.
Except as stated in this section or as may be required or permitted by laws, we do not disclose or otherwise share your personal data with the third parties.
7 How long QBS Group stores your personal data
We retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. We delete personal data after a reasonable time according to the following retention criteria:
- We retain your personal data for as long as we have an ongoing relationship with you (in particular, if you have an account with us or use our services);
- We retain your personal data for as long as needed in order to comply with a legal requirements or contractual obligations to which QBS Group is subject to;
- We retain your personal data where this is advisable to safeguard or improve legal position of QBS Group or its affiliated companies (for instance in relation to statutes of limitations, litigation, or legal investigations).
This means that we may retain your personal data for a reasonable period after your last interaction with us. When the personal data that we collect is no longer required in this way, we will destroy, delete or anonymize it in a secure manner. However, we may be required to be retained by us in order to comply with law.
Please note that most of the personal data that we hold about you comes from information you provided or submitted, therefore, please ensure that you keep your information correct and up to date by updating your profile/information on our website or inform QBS Group of any relevant changes.
8 Additional information we collect
8.1. Non-personally identifiable information
We use analytics tools to collect and use information in aggregate form to track the total number of visitors to our site, the number of visitors to each page of our site, time spent on each page, technologies used, and keywords to find our sites, traffic sources and other such technical information. This is technical information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. No personally identifiable information is available in this process. We use this data to better target our marketing efforts and improve our services.
On our sites we use a technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a small text file that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. The cookie may transmit information via your browser with a purpose of authenticating or identifying the computer (via e.g. the IP address) or the user. It enables our websites recognize your computer at recurring visits and contains information such as registration data and user preferences. Cookies can store many types of data and they help us in providing additional functionality to the site or help us analyze site usage more accurately.
Please see our Cookies Policy for a more detailed description of what cookies are, how QBS Group uses these and how you can manage them.
8.3. Marketing communication
The personal data that we collect and may use for marketing purposes relates to individuals representing our partners, end-customers, suppliers, and other companies with which we have a business relationship with. We may also obtain contact information from public sources, including content made public at social media websites, to make an initial contact with a relevant representative of a partner, supplier or other company.
We send e-mails to representatives of partners, customers, suppliers, or other companies with whom we want to develop or maintain a business relationship in accordance with applicable marketing laws. Our targeted e-mail messages sometimes include web beacons, cookies, and similar technologies that allow us to know whether you open, read, or delete the message, and links you may click. When you click a link in a marketing e-mail you receive from QBS Group we will also use a cookie to log what pages you view and what content you download from our websites, even if you are not registered at or signed into our site.
Targeted e-mails from QBS Group include additional data privacy information if required by applicable laws. You can exercise your right to prevent marketing communications by utilizing opt-out mechanisms on our website or in e-mails we send to you. You can also exercise the right to discontinue marketing communications to you by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is secure. We protect your personal data in accordance with applicable data privacy laws, our data privacy policies and principles and contractual obligations. We have implemented appropriate organizational, physical and technical security measures to protect personal data against unauthorized or unlawful processing and/or against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorized disclosure. We have controls and internal policies and procedures to ensure continuous protection of personal data considering the risks associated with the categories of personal data and the processing we undertake. We store personal data on servers with limited access located in secured facilities, and our security measures are evaluated on an ongoing basis.
10 Your rights to access, modify, delete and object of personal data
Please contact QBS Group privacy team: (i) If you want to know more about personal data processing practices by QBS Group of yours collects and uses, or (ii) want to exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data. The contact details in this section can be used to submit such a request.
You also have the right in accordance with the conditions and exceptions set out in the applicable legislation:
- Request access to the personal data we process about you: this right entitles you to know whether we hold personal data of you and, if so, obtain information on and a copy of such personal data;
- Request rectification of your personal data: this right entitles you to have your personal data be corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Object to the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that we no longer process your personal data (where such is done based on consent);
- Request the erasure of your personal data: this right entitles you to request the erasure of your personal data, including where such personal data would no longer be necessary to achieve the purposes;
- Request the restriction of the processing of your personal data: this right entitles you to request that we only process your personal data in limited circumstances, including with your consent;
- Request portability of your personal data: this right entitles you to receive a copy (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) of personal data that you have provided to us, or request us to transmit such personal data to another data controller.
You can send a request for access, correction, deletion, objection or data transfer to email@example.com. We will respond to your as soon as reasonably possible but in any case within four weeks.
11 How to contact us and the appropriate authorities
If, despite our commitment and efforts to protect your personal data, you believe that your data privacy rights have been violated, we encourage and welcome individuals to reach out to us, QBS Group, to first to seek resolution of any complaint at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also submit a complaint to the national supervisory authority, the Dutch Data Protection Authority. This can be done via the following link: https://autoriteitpersoonsgegevens.nl/nl/contact-met-de-autoriteit-persoonsgegevens/tip-ons.
To the extent that the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. Please note that this will not affect our right to process personal data obtained prior to the withdrawal of your consent, or its right to continue parts of the processing based on other legal bases than your consent.
12 Other important information
Our services are intended for the use by companies and\or their representatives only, therefore your use of our websites or services might be subject to that company’s policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of your companies.
13 Contact details of QBS Group
Quattro Business Solutions B.V.
3832 RC Leusden
Phone: +31 88 76 60 500
Chamber of Commerce: 56784600
The list of QBS entities comprising the QBS Group may be found here: www.qbsgroup.com/contact/