If you were not already aware, Microsoft has created the new Cloud Business Applications SMB Option as part of the Small and Midmarket Cloud Solutions competency.
The new Cloud Business Applications SMB option caters for Silver and Gold partner status. A maximum Partner Contribution Indicator (PCI) score of 100 points can be achieved, with the PCI score divided into the three areas of Performance, Customer Success and Capability (max. 35 points).
Achieving competency status seems tough at first glance. However, as a QBS partner, we will support you in all required PCI areas to help you achieve your desired certification goal. Below you will find a breakdown by PCI area of initial support services that you can take advantage of as part of your QBS partnership.
There are also two important items of news around the ERP Competency (for on-premise NAV/Business Central):
– Due to COVID Microsoft has extended the grace period around renewal dates. The competency can still be extended until 30/06/2022 if a partner’s renewal is due between now and 30/06/2021.
– No retirement date for the ERP Competency has been announced
Read the latest news from our Partner care team on Yammer
If you have any questions about the Cloud Business Applications SMB option or specific questions about support options, please do not hesitate to contact our QBS Partner Care team!
The new Cloud Business Applications SMB Option
The new Cloud Business Applications SMB option caters for Silver and Gold partner status. Partners seeking certification must demonstrate a Partner Contribution Indicator (PCI) of at least 60+ points for Silver status and 80+ points for Gold status. A maximum PCI score of 100 points can be achieved, with the PCI divided into three areas: Performance (max. 20 points), Customer Success (max. 45 points) and Capability (max. 35 points). More information on the Microsoft website
QBS Webcast: SMB Cloud Solutions Competency
Maitane Muñoz de los Santos, Power Platform Partner Marketing Manager at Microsoft gave some insights in a webcast in January. She provides a detailed explanation and more background information on the new Cloud Business Applications SMB competency options. Watch here on our QBS Group YouTube Channel
Factsheet: Cloud Business Applications SMB Competency
The factsheet in Partner Portal summarizes all relevant information on the Cloud Business Applications SMB competence option and a step by step through the specific requirements.
The Performance area revolves around the acquisition of new cloud customers and the generation of new cloud revenue. A maximum of 20 points can be scored in this area: 10 points for new cloud customers (1 point per new customer) and 10 points for newly generated cloud revenue.
For new customer acquisition in the area of SaaS deployment option, we can support you with the following service:
Take The Lead Program
With the Take The Lead program, which you can obtain through your QBS service funds, we generate new cloud prospects for you each month that fit exactly into your portfolio.
PCI: CUSTOMER SUCCESS
Within the PCI Customer Success section, you will receive a maximum of 25 points for a growing number of users (baseline of 50+ active users per month and additional 35 percent growth) and 20 points for ten new deployments in the past 12 months.
It is not mandatory that the cloud users have to come from a single offering, i.e. only Business Central or only Finance & Operations. All users from the Cloud Business Applications SMB Option area are added together. This means that if you add more Dynamics 365 Sales users to your Business Central users, for example, you will also increase your active user base.
In the PCI area Customer Success you can access the following services and offers within your QBS membership:
- Learning Path for Business Central SaaS Getting customers to the cloud requires, as a first step, getting your own team cloud-ready. At QBS Academy, you will find a multi-part learning path for Business Central that summarizes all the details on all deployment options – including SaaS. This on-demand learning path is available free of charge as part of your QBS membership.
- Service: QBS Upgrade Services for Dynamics NAV / Business Central Migrations of existing customers to SaaS can be a challenge for partners who do not handle this on a regular basis for various reasons. The QBS Upgrade Services provided by 1ClickFactory supports you competently and professionally in the technical execution of SaaS migrations.
The QBS Academy currently offers the following online courses to prepare you for the respective certification:
- MB-800 Certification Preparation: Dynamics 365 Business Central
This online course optimally prepares your consultants for the certification exam, which is also conducted in English. Essentially, the course was developed by our course partner Plataan, who also played a key role in the development of the MB-800 certification exam. Training overview
- MB-210 Certification Preparation: Dynamics 365 Sales
The two-day online course optimally prepares you and your employees for the certification exam for Dynamics 365 Sales. The already proven course is suitable for consultants and sales employees. Training overview