Dear Dynamics partners,
It’s that time of year again, Directions EMEA 2018 (The SMB Focused Dynamics Partner Community – organized by partners for partners) is upon and this year it will be hosted in our headquarters back yard “The Hague in the Netherlands”.
Directions EMEA is aimed at supporting Dynamics Partners in the business decisions they have to make. This year, the focus will be on “Drive innovation and success with Dynamics 365 Business Central”. With the launch of Dynamics 365 Business Central which was the missing SMB part in the current Dynamics 365 portfolio and enhanced implementation of the common data model will make 2019 a critical year for the Dynamics Partner business moving forward.
As you may expect from QBS we will be covering the event for those partners that are not able to make it. As with previous events QBS will try to capture as much information as possible and report back on the key messages that Microsoft and her partners will share with the community during these days. QBS has a large team of people travelling to this year’s event with a mission to gather as much information as possible and then share with you the latest Dynamics 365 trends, technical topics, Microsoft strategy and more in our Directions EMEA Business Report 2018.
The focus for this event will be around the following key components of building and growing your business, which are:
- The update on the Roadmap for Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central launched in April 2018
- The upgrade of existing NAV customers to Dynamics 365 Business Central
- Customer engagement and CRM apps: Dynamics 365 for Sales and Marketing
- Technical and implementation issues of Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 and former versions
- ISV solutions and offerings
- Strategies for successful marketing, sales of Dynamics 365 Business Central cloud and on-premise
- Business models for Dynamics Partners, including Cloud Solution Provider and ISV Embed (Cloud) programmes
It will be impossible for us to attend every session at Directions therefore we will be selecting a number of sessions that we feel are appropriate to our community and you would benefit from knowing more about. This year’s content will cover subject matters such as Business Leadership, Partnering with Microsoft, Data & AI, and obviously Business Applications. The sort of topics that you can expect to read about in our Directions EMEA Business Report 2018 will be:
- A Strategy update Microsoft
- Dynamics 365 platform update Marketing, sales and technical with a clear focus on Dynamics 365 Business Central (NAV), on Azure, Office 365, Dynamics 365 sales and marketing, Flow and Power Apps and BI
- CSP direct, Partner Center and new developments
- Pricing, Promo and incentives
- Interview with some key Microsoft people
Some of the key product/programs that we will be focusing on during the week will consist of (but not be limited to – depending on relevance); CSP and its new requirements, Business Central impact, Business Central On prem and SaaS, Pricing and Promo’s, Dynamics 365 Certifications and partner requirements, and also any other news about Dynamics 365 Apps.
The final Directions EMEA 2018 Business Report will be compiled by Mark Blackmore with the support of the QBS Directions team providing feedback from the sessions they attend.
Keep an eye on the QBS website for updates during the week as we will be posting information and sharing some vlogs to keep you abreast of any news, as our commitment is to make sure that the QBS partner community is the best-informed partners in the Dynamics 365 eco-system.
With kind regards,
Nelson Tavares da Silva